The holidays are the perfect time to break out bolder and glitzier makeup looks. Whether you’re going to a fancy holiday party, a New Year’s Eve celebration or just want to spread some seasonal cheer, these festive makeup ideas will get you in the spirit.
- Cranberry Smoky Eye – Play up cranberry hues with a smoky eye in deep plums and burgundies. Add some shimmer for extra glam. Finish with black liner and lots of mascara.
2. Gilded Glam – Go for all-out gold eye makeup with a wash of shimmery champagne on the lids, gold liner rimming the eyes and inner corners, and lots of bronze mascara. Add a matte nude lip.
3. Frosted Cranberry – Apply a shimmering cranberry shadow all over the lids up to the crease. Line eyes with black liquid liner, topping it with silver glitter liner.
4. Royal Jewel Tones – Rich emerald greens, purples and blues make a jewel-toned statement. Line eyes with black kohl and finish with luxurious false lashes.
5. Red and Green – Play up the classic red and green pairing with a green winged liner paired with a matching red lip. Add loads of mascara.
6. Holiday Glam – Go full-on glam with a cut-creased smoky eye in gunmetal grays, endless lashes and a bold matte red pout.
7. Metallic Eyes – Sweep a liquid gold, silver or rose gold shadow across lids. Line with black kohl liner and finish with metallic liner on the waterline.
8. Berry Lips – Make lips the focus with a bold matte berry lip in a deep plum, burgundy or wine hue. Pair with subtle champagne shimmer eyes.
9. Gilded Red Lips – Line lips with a red pencil, then top with a shimmering gold gloss for a play on the classic red lip.
10. Frosty Blue – Play up cool tones with icy blue and silver eye shadows. Finish with lots of shimmer and sparkle.
11. Champagne Eyes – Go for soft, luminous eyes with a wash of rose gold or champagne shimmer all over the lids and inner corners.
12. Holiday Glitter – Add festive sparkle with glitter eyeliner, eye gloss or pressed glitter pigment on the lids and below the lower lashes.
13. Classic Red Lip – You can’t go wrong with the iconic bold matte red lip for any holiday event.
14. “Bronze Goddess” – Warm, shimmering bronze eye makeup paired with a soft nude lip creates a glowy goddess look.
15. Mascara Drama – Make your lashes the star with loads of mascara and no other eye makeup. Pair with a glossy nude lip.